Senior Software/System Engineer
Full time (40 hours per week)
About this job
We are currently looking for a Senior Software/System Engineer to join our team in Delft.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a passion for cutting-edge software development. Ideally, you are someone who enjoys working in a dynamic, high-tech organization. You are well-versed in solving complex software challenges and can convey your software engineering experience within the team.
Senior Software/System Engineer
- Design/develop/test/document code in a team setting
- Setup the Build, Test, and Documentation infrastructure for a mission/project
- Review the code from your team members, and provide feedback and guidance to them
- Communicate (technical) solutions with the customer
- Contributing to and/or taking the lead in writing the technical part of proposals
- At least a supporting role in managing one of the development teams
- Creating or contributing to documentation
- Creating and or delivering customer deliveries
- Reviewing documentation
- Assisting in the assessment if we should bid on opportunities
- Assisting/and/or taking the lead in writing proposals
- You have completed a higher technical education in Computer-Science or Software Engineering, or you have a proven track record in Software engineering
- You have at least 7+ years of experience in software development and software projects
- You have a senior position in a system or software development team for at least 3 years
- You have experience with projects that are requirements-driven (e.g. familiarity with Space Engineering Standards such as ECCS, ISO 13845 or AS9100 is a pre)
- You have experience managing or being the second chair in a team (Issue management, Issue Planning, Chasing deadlines, etc.)
- You have a thorough understanding of Python, Java and/or C++ and Python. (The main language is dependent on the project. Python is present at least in a supporting role for most projects)
- You are well versed with the following technologies: version management systems/source control, and continuous integration (Gitlab, Jenkins). You can easily handle technologies such as hardware virtualization (VMs) and containerization (Docker)
- You can read, and interpret the entire spectrum of technical documentation
- You can contribute to a proposal (writing technical input, setting up WBS, making estimates)
- You can work in a team as well as on your own
- You can work on multiple projects in parallel
- You can communicate with both technical and management levels of both internal organization and customer
- You have strong communication and collaboration skills
- You are available to work at the office 1 day per week (fully-remote not possible)
- Fluency, both written and spoken, in English
Are you enthusiastic about becoming our new Senior Software/System Engineer ?
Apply via our application form, or send your CV and motivational letter
directly to email@example.com.
At S[&]T we contribute to a safer life on earth by translating space data into valuable and actionable insights. We oversee data from instruments to application, and apply our expertise within our software frameworks, information products and consultancy.
Our society relies on space and scientific instruments for climate change monitoring, navigation, defence and national security, and other crucial services we all use in our daily lives. These instruments produce an enormous quantity of complex data, and our goal is to unlock its value.
We have more than 20 years of experience working on instrument calibration, the creation of data quality monitoring tools, the development of real-time data processing frameworks, and the development of application-specific algorithms. With this, we help organisations, governments and industries to strengthen their information position and thereby improve their decision making. We focus on the following domains: Space & Science, Defence & Security, Environment & Sustainability, and High-Tech Consulting.