Senior Scientific Software Engineer (Italy)
Full time (40 hours per week)
At S[&]T we are specialized in R&D solutions for space, science, and defence. We live and breathe innovation, and are one of the few partners that work together with High Tech organizations in optimizing performance through projects on-site or in-house at S[&]T.
We are now looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the team in Rome, Italy.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a passion for cutting edge software development. Ideally, you are someone who enjoys working in a dynamic, high-tech organisation. You are well versed in solving complex software challenges and are able to convey your software engineering experience within the team.
Furthermore, you recognise yourself in the following traits:
· You have completed a higher technical education in Computer-Science or Software Engineering, or alternatively you have a proven track record in software engineering.
· You have at least 7+ years of experience in software development and software projects.
· You have strong communication and collaboration skills.
· You have experience with projects that are requirements driven (e.g. familiarity with Space Engineering Standards such as ECSS is an asset).
· You have a thorough understanding of Python and of at least one of the following languages; C++, Java or C#. (Python being the de-facto default language used within these projects).
· You have experience with web-based technologies (such as Django & Grafana or equivalent other frameworks).
· You have a deep and fundamental understanding of relational databases (such as PostgreSQL, or similar DBMS).
· You are fluent in written and spoken English.
· You are well versed with the following technologies: version management systems / source control, continuous integration (Gitlab, Jenkins). You can easily handle technologies such as hardware virtualization (VM’s) and containerization (Docker).
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply directly through our website! Kindly note that acquisition from third parties (e.g. agencies) based on this vacancy is not welcome.