Python Software Engineer (The Hague)
Are you a Software Engineer who loves making the impossible possible? Are you interested in Quantum Computing and looking for a new challenge? If so, S[&]T has the job for you. At S[&]T we specialize in R&D solutions in the domains of High-Tech Industry, Defense & Security, Space & Science, and Environment & Sustainability. We live and breathe innovation, and are one of the few partners that collaborate with High-Tech organizations in optimizing performance through projects on-site or internally at S[&]T.
Here at Science & Technology we are looking for several Software Engineers who have experience working with Python and are interested in the world of quantum computing. This is a great opportunity to work on an exciting new challenge as well as learn new technologies such as Rust, Netconf, Restconf and Yang. You will be part of a team working on a new quantum network connectivity system which will change the way quantum computing works. You will help us design, build, test and produce these high-tech systems for a secure network for quantum computing.
• A strong educational background in computer science, engineering, or a comparable discipline.
• A strong desire to develop one’s own code and unit tests.
• You are a hands-on coder eager to deliver quality code.
• Demonstrated skills in the entire product development cycle, most importantly: requirements gathering and tracking, architecture, detailed design, implementation, code review, integration and system testing, version control, requirements and defect tracking, and hardware integration.
• Ideally in the domains of networking products and/or secure communications and/or systems high security requirements
• Experience in network protocol design and programming, such as application-level network protocol development and programming (OSI layers 7)
• A willingness to contribute to software designs and architectures of your components, as well as then implementing them yourself.
• DevOps, including implementing and monitoring our CI/CD.
• Front End development, including web services.
• Experience in Python or Rust (ideally 3+ years),
• Experience in agile working methods
• Experience in software programming and development, including experience with best practices such as version control (git), documentation, test-driven development, code-reviews, etc.
• While not necessary, it is beneficial to have experience integrating with embedded systems, and an affinity for math and physics.
• Eligible to work in the EU.
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and motivational letter to email@example.com, or apply directly through our website! Kindly note that acquisition from third parties (e.g. agencies) based on this vacancy is not welcome.
GDPR, personal information
In order to apply for this vacancy you must submit your personal information to Science [&] Technology. Science [&] Technology will collect, use and process your personal information as mentioned
Response time, expectations
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days about your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.