Medior Software Engineer
Full time (40 hours per week)
About this Job
We are currently looking for a Medior Software Engineer to join the team in Delft.
As a Medior Software Engineer, you will work in close collaboration with multidisciplinary teams within impactful fields, actively contributing to the industry’s future technology.
Medior Software Engineer
You will be responsible for developing crucial components for a variety of projects, acting as the software expert, focusing on “software for hardware”, and cooperating with disciplines such as mechanics, electronics, control, and optics.
- University Degree in Technical Sciences
- 5+ years of experience working with Software Development, especially for High-Tech Systems
- Strong knowledge of Python, C/C++, and Object-Oriented Programming
- Hands-on experience with Computer Hardware, Operating Systems, and Standard Laboratory Equipment. Experience with Embedded Platforms combined with FPGA is a plus
- Experience implementing Multi-Thread Programs, Programs with Hard Real-Time Constraints, and GUIs
- Experience with Requirements Specification, Architecture, Implementation, Integration, and Test
- Strong communication skills and capacity to communicate intensively with both internal and external partners
- Capacity to be pragmatic, flexible, hands-on, and work within research and project teams
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
At S[&]T we contribute to a safer life on earth by translating space data into valuable and actionable insights. We oversee data from instruments to application, and apply our expertise within our software frameworks, information products and consultancy.
Our society relies on space and scientific instruments for climate change monitoring, navigation, defence and national security, and other crucial services we all use in our daily lives. These instruments produce an enormous quantity of complex data, and our goal is to unlock its value.
We have more than 20 years of experience working on instrument calibration, the creation of data quality monitoring tools, the development of real-time data processing frameworks, and the development of application-specific algorithms. With this, we help organisations, governments and industries to strengthen their information position and thereby improve their decision making. We focus on the following domains: Space & Science, Defence & Security, Environment & Sustainability, and High-Tech Consulting.