Full time (40 hours per week)
About this job
We are currently looking for an Electronics Engineer to join the team in Delft.
At S[&]T we contribute to a safer life on earth by translating space data into valuable and actionable insights. With this, we help organizations, governments and commercial entities to strengthen their information position and thereby improve their decision-making. We focus on 4 domains: Space & Science, Defence & Security, Environment & Sustainability and the High-Tech Industry. We control all levels of the data value chain from data source to user applications, and apply our expertise within our own innovations, customers projects and for our talent acquisition services. Our headquarters are in Delft, The Netherlands and we have two satellite offices in Oslo, Norway and Rome, Italy with a total of 125 experts employed at S[&]T.
As the line of satellite sub-system capabilities is being broadened and enhanced, we are on the lookout for a dynamic, driven, and enthusiastic electronics engineer to play a key role in developing, testing, and deploying state-of-the-art satellite technology.
This position offers an ideal opportunity for an individual seeking both responsibility and developmental growth in a technical capacity within a fast-paced and dynamic working environment. Engaging in exciting projects with challenging schedules, you will be involved in tasks ranging from actuator control systems to optical communication devices.
We value your proven experience in regulated industries and anticipate your desire to expand knowledge and expertise while contributing value to our existing practices. Your active involvement, eagerness to learn from projects, and readiness for cross-site collaboration within the group are highly encouraged.
This role presents an exciting opportunity to be part of projects where your work actually makes its way into space!
- Design Analog and Digital electronic systems for space applications, encompassing product lines such as laser communication, attitude control systems, reaction wheels, star trackers, sun sensors, magnetometers, and magnetorquers.
- Enhance existing designs and actively participate in design reviews with the team.
- Develop and upkeep technical design documentation, including capturing requirements, providing technical descriptions, and creating user manuals.
- Ensure the timely delivery of company projects within budget, schedule, and quality parameters.
- Facilitate the flow of information to project teams and other stakeholders.
- Execute work tasks and assignments in alignment with required standards and compliance requirements.
- Provide guidance to the Test team on testing, debugging, and troubleshooting existing and new product designs.
- Offer support to other engineering teams as needed.
- Possess a degree in a relevant discipline or hold equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrate substantial industry experience in applying electronics engineering to various products and applications.
- Exhibit expertise in Analog and Digital electronics, as well as familiarity with various communication protocols (e.g., CAN, SPI, I2C, UART, Ethernet, USB).
- Have experience in electronics hardware design, including tasks such as component selection, circuit design, and layout.
- Showcase proven knowledge and proficiency in using schematic capture and PCB design software.
- Display awareness of Design for Manufacture and Design for Test principles.
- Engage in hands-on diagnosis and debugging of both new and existing electronic designs. Possess knowledge of programming languages such as Python, C/C++.
- Demonstrate effective time management skills and the ability to collaborate within a multicultural team and work independently.
- Showcase the capacity to meet tight deadlines and concurrently advance multiple projects.
- Exhibit problem-solving skills by successfully resolving technical issues and taking ownership of problems to find solutions.
- Possess competent IT skills, including proficiency in Microsoft software.
- Demonstrate proficiency in both verbal and written English.
- Proven experience in the Aerospace and/or CubeSat sector.
- Familiarity with circuit simulation using SPICE
- Proficiency in using Altium Designer for electronic design.
- Understanding of electronics design tailored for challenging environments, including thermal, radiation, and vibration considerations.
- Knowledge of VHDL and/or EMC.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with other engineering disciplines such as optics, mechanics, and software.
At S[&]T we contribute to a safer life on earth by translating space data into valuable and actionable insights. We oversee data from instruments to application, and apply our expertise within our software frameworks, information products and consultancy.
Our society relies on space and scientific instruments for climate change monitoring, navigation, defence and national security, and other crucial services we all use in our daily lives. These instruments produce an enormous quantity of complex data, and our goal is to unlock its value.
We have more than 20 years of experience working on instrument calibration, the creation of data quality monitoring tools, the development of real-time data processing frameworks, and the development of application-specific algorithms. With this, we help organisations, governments and industries to strengthen their information position and thereby improve their decision making. We focus on the following domains: Space & Science, Defence & Security, Environment & Sustainability, and High-Tech Consulting.