System Engineer / Architect Optomechatronics
At S[&]T we are specialized in R&D solutions for space, science, and defence. We live and breathe innovation, and are one of the few partners that work together with High Tech organizations in optimizing performance through projects on-site or in-house at S[&]T.
We are currently looking for a System Engineer / Architect together with our partner who is active in the space and research industry.
What will you do?
In your role as system engineer/architect, you are the technical lead in multidisciplinary teams of specialists and are the technical 'conscience' in projects. To do this, you need to be creative and have a good understanding of the expertises you're working with; mainly optics, mechanics, and control engineering.
Your challenge lies in connecting all expertises involved in a project, and in shifting between detailed technical discussions and maintaining a helicopter view to make strategic project decisions. These decisions often have to be made on the basis of incomplete data, and therefore it's important that you are aware of the underlying technical and physical principles. Your main contributions to your projects are in the conceptual phase, but as technical lead you stay involved up to delivery to the customer. In addition, together with your colleagues you write project proposals for new assignments; you define topics for fundamental research and you mentor your younger colleagues.
Who are you?
Our client is working on cutting edge technology in a high demanding environment, and is always pushing the limits of technology. We are looking for a driven and passionate colleague to join our team. To be successful in the role of Optomechatronics System architect, it’s important that you recognize yourself in the profile as stated below. This means that you have:
- Masters or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics or another relevant specialization;
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in the design of (opto)mechatronic systems;
- An understanding of control engineering, embedded software and mechatronic system design;
- A thorough knowledge of optics and optical systems;
- Knowledge about sensors and actuators and the physical principles behind it;
- A pragmatic and creative attitude;
- Experience with motivating, inspiring and convincing colleagues, project teams and customers;
- Mastery of the English language, both in speech and in writing.
Would you like to hear more, apply directly through our website! Kindly note that acquisition from third parties (e.g. agencies) based on this vacancy is not welcome.
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.