Quality Assurance/ Quality Control Specialist
At S[&]T we are specialized in R&D solutions for space, science, and defence. We live and breathe innovation, and are one of the few partners that work together with High Tech organizations in optimizing performance through projects on-site or in-house at S[&]T.
We are currently looking for a Quality Assurance/ Quality Control Specialist located in Rotterdam together with our client in the metrology research and development industry.
As a Quality Assurance/ Quality Control specialist at our client’s quality assurance team, your main responsibility will be to control the quality of the daily activities of the product development and delivery. Your aim is to prevent, recognize and solve any kind of deviation from a quality point of view. The core products have a set quality level which needs to be met without any concessions. Therefore, you need to ensure all individual parts of the development and production process optimally work to meet these requirements. This is an excellent opportunity to help build the QA/ QC department and function within the company as an integral part within the continuous improvement.
Your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Take ownership of and complete successfully Quality Development Plans in a timely manner;
- Perform project specific quality management and assurance activities - Assist project process owners in Quality Management;
- Promote a positive Quality Culture through the working environment;
- Implement QA/ QC processes, improvement projects and analyze product and process errors;
- Participate in the internal audits schedule, preparing, reporting and closing out audit reports and actions resulting from the audit;
- Provide input and support the subcontractor/ supplier evaluation processes and monitor subcontractor/supplier performance;
- Facilitate fast track closure of product/ service non-conformance;
- Assist in external audit activities;
- Follow up with actions resulting from external audits with a view to fast tracking closure of non-conformance;
- Drive close-out of non-conformances, identify trends or overdue actions;
- Participate in project meetings as necessary to support function delivery;
- Ensure that all necessary quality records are identified, controlled and retained in accordance with project, client and regulatory requirements;
- Initiate/ support quality initiatives implemented to achieve project deliverables.
Start-ups can provide phenomenal learning and development opportunities but can also be a hectic environment at times. You must fit in such a climate and don’t mind to constantly implement changes and process improvements, be hands-on, and to go the extra mile on a regular basis and feel comfortable with some uncertainty.
Furthermore, we are looking for:
- Minimum a Bachelor in a technical field;
- Proven relevant work experience in QA and QC management and execution;
- Knowledge and experience in high-tech equipment CE directives and certification;
- Knowledge and experience in SEMI standards is considered a big plus;
- Preferably technically skilled in the field of high-tech equipment development and production;
- Technical and management skills with organizational awareness;
- Independence, critical, accurate and willing to work in a team;
- Full proficiency in English is required and Dutch is a plus;
- You are a solid discussion partner for the business and a tenacious decisionmaker;
- As an independent, result-oriented person you have a great track record of achievements;
- EU nationality, or a valid work permit for the Netherlands.
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply directly through our website! Kindly note that acquisition from third parties (e.g. agencies) based on this vacancy is not welcome.
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.
GDPR, personal information
Response time, expectations
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days about your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.