Optical Design Engineer
Here at Science [&] Technology, we push technological boundaries with the aim of providing cutting-edge technology and data solutions to create a safer, healthier and more efficient living environment. We see ourselves to be a technological and innovative partner for all companies that strive for a better life on Earth and beyond by supporting local teams with our talent acquisition and high tech project work. We are currently looking for an Optical Design Engineer located in Leiden in the space domain to work on instrument design and integration for atmosphere monitoring like previous projects; Omi and Tropomi.
These are some of the
responsibilities of the role you will be taking on as an Optical Design
- Study the requirements of optical systems and sub-systems from customers and convert them into necessary optical design parameters;
- Optimization of optical systems and sub-systems designs, perform required analyses and prepare verification plans;
- Work in multi-disciplinary team with mechanical, thermal design and AIT experts in solving challenging design problems;
- Responsible for specifying the optical components for production that meets the design requirements;
- Document the designs in detailed design reports;
- Analyze the final test results and report your findings and recommendations in the test report.
We are looking for a highly motivated Optical Design Engineer to join a team of seasoned professionals and take responsibility for the innovation, creativity, and proactiveness of the projects. We are looking for someone with following characteristics:
- Hands-on experience (~2 years) in using the optical design tools like Zemax OpticStudio, Code-V or equivalent in optimizing and analyzing optical designs;
- Shall be able to independently work on the optimization of optical designs and perform analysis like tolerances and stray light;
- Experience in working on design and development of space optics-instrumentation;
- Knowledge of MATLAB and/or Python to program automation of analyses;
- Good written and spoken communication skills;
- EU nationality, or a valid work permit for the Netherlands.
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply directly through our website! Kindly note that acquisition from third parties (e.g. agencies) based on this vacancy is not welcome.
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.