DevOps & Software Engineer
For our daughter company Orbital Eye, we are currently looking for an Earth Observation DevOps & Software Engineer located in Delft.
We at Orbital Eye are passionate about the integration of Earth Observation (EO) technology into sustainable monitoring solutions for a wide variety of EO-based processes and activities.
Our flagship product CoSMiC-EYE is an EO-based subscription service for pipeline operators to monitor and manage activities like excavations and construction along their assets, to reduce the risk of accidental damage. For this we leverage the unique EO capabilities of Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites, supplemented with medium and high-resolution data from multispectral (MS) and optical satellites. Here SAR is mainly used to detect activities while MS and optical satellite data enhance our capabilities to filter and classify the activities detected and report our customers only those activities that are of interest.
With our customer base growing rapidly, we are now looking to strengthen our backend DevOps team with a skilled software engineer who is passionate about exploiting space technology for the benefit of the environment and society.
In this role you will be involved in developing and maintaining the processing environment used to generate and deliver our satellite-based monitoring services globally. This includes building, scaling and monitoring of our processing chains, enabling easy and fast access to our services, and those of our partners, for internal and external users via APIs and working closely with the R&D and Analysts Team to further extend their AI and data analytics capabilities and integrate their improvements into our production services.
- A relevant MSc degree;
- Ambition to work in a start-up/ scale-up environment requiring flexibility;
- Passionate about EO and applications thereof;
- Experience with handling and analysing EO data first hand;
- Affinity and experience with software development in Python;
- Enthusiastic to work closely with customers to co-create better solutions;
- Fluent in English (verbally and in writing);
- Good communicator and presenter;
- EU nationality, or a valid work visa for the Netherlands.
- Full professional proficiency in a language other than English, Dutch, Portuguese or Greek;
- Experience with AI/ML on EO data;
- Experience using SAR EO data;
- Affinity with application design & full stack development.
Working at Orbital Eye
Orbital Eye is a truly international company, as we have employees from 5 different countries, and customers from all over the world. The company is growing rapidly, as our technology is now recognized by more and more companies as a sustainable technology that supports their business. Working at Orbital Eye means working in a very entrepreneurial and flexible environment, where the work that you do really matters. From day 1, you will be involved in the actual ‘operations’, and you will help in accelerating the growth of the company right away! Combining working from home with working in the office? No problem. And, of course, we also have fun at Orbital Eye. Success is celebrated with cake and/or drinks, we have company lunches and a yearly BBQ. Besides that, you will also be part of various talent development programs, where both personal development and fun activities are combined.