Senior Software Engineer
At S[&]T we are specialized in R&D solutions for space, science, and defence. We live and breathe innovation, and are one of the few partners that work together with High Tech organizations in optimizing performance through projects on-site or in-house at S[&]T, operating for more than 20 years in project implementations and product developments where science and technology play an important role, building bridges from technical capabilities through to market-ready solutions.
We are currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer for our Data Processing team located in Delft, the Netherlands, to work on software development for scientific applications.
At S[&]T we push technological boundaries with the aim of staying in the forefront of innovative, state-of-the-art applications in a sustainable manner. Together with our international customers we utilize novel techniques and platforms to make big data image analytics more scalable and automated. Several of our projects involve intelligent processing of imaging payload data from spaceborne and airborne platforms, pushing embedded systems to their limit.
- Software development for applications, independent or in a team setting;
- Optimizing processing throughout by improving algorithm, code implementation, IT infrastructure;
-Work on satellite imaging payload, scalable processing and automated analyses
- Testing and documentation of the software;
- Communication with the project partners and/or the customer within the projects;
- Communication of your technical opinions and results within the company;
- Support on proposal/ bids writing.
- Prepare test data, check requirements vs implementation.
- Build and deliver quality software packages
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a passion for cutting edge software development. Ideally, you are someone who enjoys working in a dynamic, high-tech organization. You enjoy solving software challenges and look for the best solution within the budget and time constraints of projects. Furthermore, you have the following:
- You have completed a higher technical education (MSc or PhD) in Computer Science or Informatics, or a track record in software engineering;
- Around 5 - 10 year of relevant work experience;
- You have experience with Python and C++ and JAVA software development;
- Experience working with Linux (including system administration);
- Experience with databases SQL, PostgreSQL is preferred;
- You function well in a team (2-5 people) and are able to communicate effectively and clearly (both verbally and in writing) with customers and your team members;
- You have a strong analytical mind that enjoys coming up with novel solutions;
- You are capable of self-study and quickly acquiring new knowledge/new skills across technical areas;
- Previous experience with space, earth observation, meteorology and science projects is given preference (e.g. ESA, Astron, KNMI);
- This means knowledge of and experience with waterfall projects and agile project;
- Comfortable in writing formal documents (requirement, design, etc https://ecss.nl/.);
- You are fluent in written and spoken English, Dutch is a preference;
- We work in project but are changing the organization also more into a product house, requiring more roadmap driven development instead of project driven development;
- Leadtime of the projects 4 months – 4 years;
- Experience with version management systems / source control (Github, SVN) continuous integration (Jenkins), tooling like Redmine, JIRA, hardware virtualization (VM’s) and containerization (Docker) is a strong pre.
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and motivational letter to email@example.com, or apply directly through our website! Kindly note that acquisition from third parties (e.g. agencies) based on this vacancy is not welcome.
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.